A macerating toilet is one of the important bathroom accessories, which enhances the functional mechanism of the waste disposal system. Choosing the right toilet kit may land you in a dilemma, with a number of products available in the market. The macerating upflush toilet grinds the solid human waste and blends them into the slurry materials, ensuring that they move along easily along the pipe. You need to check out the upflush toilet ratings & buyer’s guide before you make your purchase. This will help you to choose the right product, making the best use of your financial resources.
First of all, when you buy the macerating upflush toilet, make sure that the design and looks of the kit goes well with the interior of your bathroom. It is necessary to buy a compact macerating toilet, which fits into the available space with ease. Besides, you need to look out for the curves in the toilet seat, as these design elements make the cleaning process easier.
You should also have a look into the installation process of the toilet. It is wise to go for a toilet with an easy installation process. Evidently, you need to check out the features of the macerating toilet when you make your purchase.
Benefits of installing macerating toilets in your bathroom
- The macerating toilets transform the solid human wastes into sludge. A powerful pump is used to dispose off the waste. Evidently, it becomes easy to drain them out through the sewage system.
- Your bathroom may be situated below the main sewer line. In these cases, a macerating toilet can enhance its performance. It may also be away from the soil stack. Get a macerating toilet to enhance the performance of your sewer system.
- The upflush toilets have been designed to discharge the grey water from various bathroom accessories, like shower, sink or urinals.
Features to check out when you buy a macerating toilet
Before you buy a macerating toilet, you need to check out the features in the product. It is necessary to know the different types of bowls that are used in the toilet. In general, two types of bowls are used in these toilet kits. These are the standard ones and round. The dimensions in round bowls in the toilet kits are smaller. Therefore, if you have limited space in the bathroom, you can install these macerating toilets. The standard ones are elongated in shape and they occupy a larger space in the toilet, as compared to the round ones. As the round ones are of lesser dimensions, they are cheaper than the standard ones.
The macerating toilets are available in different styles. You can have a look at the products before buying the product. You can go for the style that suits your needs. The different styles of macerating toilets available in the market include:
Two-piece toilet: In a two-piece macerating toilet, the tank is bolted on the top of the main bowl. This makes it more comfortable to the users that the toilets that come in other styles.
One-piece toilet: The tanks and bowls in these toilets are joined and the users cannot separate them in any way.
- In a two-piece toilet, the seat tank and the bowl can be independently replaced. This is not possible in one-piece toilets.
- The two-piece toilets are cheaper than the one-piece kits. A significant price difference exists between the two.
- The designs in tow-piece toilets are less attractive than one-piece toilets.
- Two-piece toilets are more prone to infections, as dirt, bacteria and germs can easily accumulate over them.
Consider your design and space specifications before you buy the macerating upflush toilet for your bathroom.