Small Kitchen Remodeling Ideas and Cost.

The smartest cash a home owner can spend would be breathing back new life to an insufficient or outdated kitchen. Remodeling of small kitchens delivers more bangs for cash surpassing all the other home projects, which offers close to 90 percent investment returns. Budgeting is the first step one should consider before embarking on the do-over journey for their kitchen.

Small kitchen remodeling costs vary greatly depending on tastes, priorities and budget of the home owner. Since each one of them is unique in their own way, here are the basic breakdowns of the remodeling costs to expect and ideas on how and where to save up.

A minor remodeling can cost up to five thousand dollars while that of an upscale can cost up to seventy-five thousand dollars. However, 80 percent of these costs are accounted for by materials on the budget while the remaining 20 percent is for labor cost. The most expense is used up on the kitchen cabinets which can go up to 30 percent, followed by labor then the appliancesof about 15 percent. About 10 percent is for the countertops, 7 percent for the flooring and lastly 7 percent for the plumbing fixtures, windows and doors, lighting, ceilings and walls.

When deciding where to cut down on the cost, consider how the kitchen will be put to use and the length of time you will own that home. Base spending cuts on where impact will be greatest in the case where budget is top priority; for example, you can go for the stock cabinet instead of the custom designed. Solid-wood door cabinets have longer durability, then for the basic boxes you can have them customized by repainting with stain or paint, molding pieces and trim. By doing so, you can reduce costs by up to ten thousand dollars.

Get estimates for your kitchen remodeling from the contractor and a line item description of how he’s going to spend your money, helping you to determine where you are likely to spend more and where you can go low.

Now that we have reviewed the costs, here are some of the ideas one can incorporate in their small kitchen remodeling.

Mirror Magic.

Mirrors when used tend to give out the illusion of space.

Go Up.

Stacking up cabinets to look like furniture is another way to go. Since there is little room to the sides, why not utilize the top room. In this way, they resemble furniture.

Armless Chairs.

Chairs with no arms have a French 19th century feel to it. Also, they are easy to manage when moving them in and out of small spaces.

One can also incorporate the use of backless stools which can then be slipped under the counter after use saving you room.

Use of Kitchen Trays.

Trays and baskets are useful for transporting and organizing collections but also quite homey. It will be more advantageous to use a slim rack for spices which advantageously takes care of the unused space and at the same time used to neatly organize the spices. Light walls and light wood gives a feel of more space than there is for example the cream color unifies the room.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.